Now, with the collaboration between Open University Malaysia and IIHS (Learning Center for Open University of Malaysia), our Nurses will have the opportunity to upgrade their knowledge by furthering their education up to Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Nursing.
This program caters to two different market segments. Students after A/L can head start with the Diploma level on a full-time basis & then move into the degree level on a part-time basis while working as a Nurse. There is also a pathway for the existing nurses holding a recognized 3-year Diploma holders to get into the degree level. This part-time program has been designed with great flexibility where the Nurses are only required to attend classes only three times per month. The convocation ceremony will be held in Malaysia. This is a state-of-the-art open distance learning (ODL) program utilizing a blended pedagogy approach that comprises face-to-face tutorials, modules, E-learning, skill laboratory, and clinical practice. This robust program will empower you with in-depth knowledge, professional and clinical skills as well as the caring attitudes in your role as an expert nurse and leader in nursing.
1. Demonstrate expert knowledge and skills enabling them to gain professional recognition in the field of nursing and healthcare organization;
2. Practice professionally and ethically through strong moral and social values to fulfill responsibilities towards patients/individuals, families and communities;
3. Communicate effectively through oral and written form and develop collaborative relationships with inter-professional members of the healthcare team to deliver evidence-based best practices;
4. Lead and manage organization through teamwork, to effect change using appropriate decision-making and problem-solving;
5. Demonstrate expert integration of scientific research skills, information technology and entrepreneur skills through lifelong.
After completion of the Bachelor of Nursing, students can follow their Master, Doctor and PhD of Nursing or any healthcare related fields.
|YEAR||SEMESTER||COURSE CODE||COURSE NAME|
|1||1st||OUMH1603||Learning Skills For 21st Century|
|MPU3313_V2||Health and Wellness 2|
|2nd||MPU3223_V2||Entrepreneurship II/Personality Development|
|NBHS1404||Pharmacology for Nurses|
|NBBS1104_V2||Management & Medico Legal Studies|
|3rd||MPU3192||Hospital Information System|
|OUMH1203||English For Written Communication|
|NBHS1104||Nursing Health Assessment|
|NBNS3603||Reflective Thinking & Writing|
|OUMH1303||English For Oral Communication|
|NBNS1503||Trauma & Emergency Nursing|
|5th||NBNS3803||Nursing Theories and Models|
|NBNS2603||Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing|
|3||7th||NBBS1203||Professionalism and Issues in Nursing|
|NBBS1303||Teaching in Nursing|
|NBNS1104||Transculture In Nursing|
|8th||NBNS3604||Community Health Care Nursing|
|NBNS3224||Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|XBOH2103||Occupational Safety & Health Management|
|HBEF3703||Introduction to Guidance and Counselling|
Online exams & Research-oriented;
Learner management system;
Skill laboratory and clinical practice.
1. Opportunities to engage in research with the opportunity to present & publish in local & international forums;
2. Clinical placements at JCI-accredited hospitals and internationally recognized healthcare institutions;
3. Ability to obtain a world-class qualification within a short time period. An Internationally recognised program;
4. Worldwide employability;
5. Elite lecture panel including industry experts;
6. Award-winning Learner Management System.